Lifelong entrepreneur and "Renaissance Man" Steven L Smith is the CEO of Perdix Software.
Growing up during a time when computing and the internet were just finding its legs, he found great inspiration in technology, building his skills in tandem with the exponential growth of the web. Proving himself to be a driving force at all levels of business from marketing to software development, he has held a variety of positions that include significant technical and executive experience in both the non-profit and private sectors.
Mr. Smith holds a BA degree in Music with a minor in Technical Writing and Communication from Nazareth College, and is an alumnus of McQuaid Jesuit High School.
He spends what little spare time he has enjoying motorcycles, cars, cooking, travel, and discovering new technology.
- Perdix Software (March 2015 — Present)
- CEO and Co-Founder — Perdix creates software to help small- to medium-sized manufacturing businesses run more efficiently. Our product integrates accounting and customer relationships with a suite of tools to increase the throughput of your manufacturing process — making the logistics of your operation more visible, and helping you make better decisions about how to grow your business.
From there, we take a modular approach to integration with other key business areas, like HR and facilities management, project management, and workflow management. For more information, see meetmoli.com.
- Steven Smith Enterprises, Rochester, New York (June 2000 – Present)
- Business Consultant — I work with small-to-medium-sized businesses to help them win in the marketplace. Specific areas of focus include web application development and business process automation, enterprise logistics, and standards compliance.
- Juniper Networks (January 2012 — February 2015)
- Software Engineer and Product Codemaster for WebApp Secure
- BookDecay.com (February 2011 — December 2013)
- Chief Technical Officer
- Information Technology Services, Nazareth College of Rochester (August 2004 — January 2012)
- Web Developer
- 24 x 7 Support Technician
- Student Trainer
- User Support Assistant / Lab Assistant
- MarketHOLD Productions (May 2006 – August 2008)
- Internet Marketing Coordinator and Web Developer
- PS&E / Sagemark Consulting (June 2004 – August 2004)
- Administrative Assistant
- Instructional Technology Department, McQuaid Jesuit High School (September 2002 – June 2004)
- Web and Network Assistant
- Nazareth College of Rochester, May 2008, GPA 3.35
Major: Music (Bachelor of Arts)
Minor: Communication and Rhetoric
- McQuaid Jesuit High School, June 2004, GPA 3.85
Licenses and Certifications
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-Junos), ID #VV70WXESWJ14YNC5 — Juniper Networks (2014)
- Amateur Radio ("Ham" Radio) License KC2YTC, Extra Class — Federal Communications Commission
- Amateur Radio Volunteer Examiner (VE) — American Radio Relay League
Community Awards and Honors
- Eagle Scout with bronze palm, Otetiana Council, Rochester NY (2003)
- Polish Heritage Society of Rochester Music Incentive Grant
- National Federation of Music Clubs - 9 year Gold Cup Recipient
PatronDB™ is a robust patron and donation management system for small ensembles, chamber music, and community theatre groups.
Learn More about PatronDB.
Full-Stack Web Design and Development
I built these sites from "soup to nuts" using HTML/CSS, and server-side languages like Python and PHP.
Web Development: Nazareth College
While employed as the web developer at Nazareth College, I built numerous web sites and web applications. In addition to the main public-facing website, I built additional projects — like a chemical inventory system, password reset tool, online voting system, and point-of-sale system, to name a few. Many of these are still publically available, but a good portion are internal tools that require a current valid institutional login. If you'd like to see any of these, let me know.
Open Source Software
In 2014, I created the CSSbis Useful CSS Mini-Framework, a collection of reusable styles useful in creating web applications and sites. CSSbis is available on Github as BSD-licensed free software.